Monday, March 27, 2006

A challenge: Access to information technology

I just had another thought on the last blog I wrote about soft and hard empowerment. I thought of blogging as powerful and potential tool for women to communicate (soft empowerment- expression) about issues that we face daily. The challenge is access to the internet (hard empowerment-technology and economics). The young women that I want to reach are the ones without regular access to internet or even knowledge of how to use a computer. This gives me a project: how to bring more internet access to seemingly unreachable young women so that they can share their experiences and ideas to each other.

2 Comments:

Blogger Psychewellbeing said...

Rochelle, I think you have a point. We need to get together as women and start communicating.Even though the law is on our side, there is still so many outstanding issues facing women especially those in rural areas who might not now their rights or are kept behind because of traditional beliefs.

10:33 PM  
Blogger Psychewellbeing said...

Hey sister,speaking on women empowerment, I think you should read what Mthandeni said on Sexual Harassment. I cannot help but to laugh at that perception.

4:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home